Having unwanted hair is every girl's nightmare---or that's what I atleast think. During my younger years, I wasn't really bothered by hair on my legs or underarms but, things have changed. So, in my quest to remove these unwanted hair without having to shave them, I found Glamworks Hair Removal Cold Wax Kit from Watsons! :)
This is already my second attempt in waxing actually. The first one was when I used a hot wax (which I will be reviewing some other time.)
Glamworks Hair Removal Cold Wax Kit comprises of cold wax, a spatula and waxing paper. It is easy to use and no heating required. The cold wax is enriched with Aloe vera and Vitamin E that helps improve the firmness of the skin. This gentle formula leaves your skin nourish and smooth.
How to Use:
- Clean skin and pat dry. This is a very important part of the routine. If you do not clean your skin beforehand, you might risk yourself of getting an infection. Make sure that your skin is completely dry before applying the wax; or else, the process might fail.
- Apply the cold wax onto your skin with the spatula, completely covering the hair to be removed. Only put a thin layer of the wax. When I first tried it, I applied too much and it ended up soaking the waxing paper and the hair didn't stick at all.
- Cover the wax with the waxing paper. You may cut the paper into half if you're going to wax your underarm. You need a smaller waxing paper anyway. :p
- Firmly rub the strip in the same direction your hair grows for 10 seconds. This is to ensure that the hair would stick to the wax.
- Stretch the skin taut and hold firmly. Quickly pull the strip back on itself against the direction of hair growth, keeping the strip as close to the skin as possible. If it's your first time, it would hurt a little.
The product is labeled with some caution which is worth looking into. Here's a snapshot for you to read before deciding to try the product:
Smell | It is odorless. Need I say more? :)
I also tried it on my legs and the process was so easy. What happened to my underarms didn't happen on my legs. The wax got the hair just fine. I even reused the same waxing paper and I got good results.
- No heating needed.
- Convenient and effective
- Easy to apply
- Can be reused by folding the waxing paper.
- Might not get 100% of the hair at once. (which is totally acceptable, right?)
Personally, I think the product is worth trying. Besides, it's just 99php (50g variant) and available at all Watsons Stores. I might repurchase once I consume what I currently have.
Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me using my hard-earned money. What's written here is my 101% honest opinion about the product. Beware that what worked for me may not work for you and vice versa. This review was written for information purposes only. Try at your own risk. :)