The Department of Health previously announced after their budget briefing at the Congress held last September that they intend to hire 13,500 more nurses under the Nurse Deployment Project. This is a great improvement in addressing the cry of nurses for local jobs.
Though the guidelines for implementation of the project is yet to be issued by DOH, it is believed that hired nurses for NDP 2015 will also be deployed to poorest cities and municipalities around the country. The health department also aims to hire 2,700 midwives for the RHMPP, 398 Doctors and 480 Dentists who will be deployed to vulnerable communities as well.
Receiving of application forms and other requirements varies per region. The earliest to accept applicants is Region 10. Posted on their website (Regional Office X) is the following:
- Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife
- Should not be more than 40 years old for NDP applicants
- Should have no plans of going abroad for the next 2 yearsDocumentary Requirements:
- Application letter
- Personal Data Sheet (Download here)
- Nurse Deployment Application form (Download here)
- Rural Health Midwife Placement Program Application Form (Download here)
- Photocopy of PRC Board Exam Rating
- Photocopy of PRC Card ( Back to Back)
- Photocopy of Training and Work Experience Certificate/sNote:
- Requirements must be in long size bond paper. (Hard Copy)
- Please specify the position you are applying for.
- Please download the PERSONAL DATA SHEET and fill out legibly.
- Acceptance of Application documents Starts October 18, 2014 until November 4, 2014 5:00P.M.
- Schedule for written examination and venue will be announced later.Address Application letters to:
ARISTIDES CONCEPCION TAN, MD, MPH, CESO IIIDirector IVDepartment of Health Regional Office XCagayan de Oro City
Submit your application to the following:
- Camiguin PHTL, Mambajao
- Bukidnon PHTL, Malaybalay
- Lanao del Norte PHTL, Tubod
- Misamis Occidental PHTL, Oroquieta City
- Misamis Oriental DOH – Regional Office X, Carmen, Cagayan de Oro City
The above information may also apply to other regions but with different schedules. Last year, it was CHDs who processed the applications so we expect the same for this year. We'll update this post once we get news for other regions.
In the meantime, if you are planning to try your luck to grab a slot in this project, go prepare all your documents and better rush to the nearest Provincial Health Team Office to gather more information. Ask the first DOH Representative you'll see and they might provide you the answers you need. You might also contact them through the following:
|Click Photo to Enlarge|
Nurse Deployment Project aims to improve local health systems that will support the country's attainment of Universal Health Care or "Kalusugang Pangkalahatan." Nurses under this program receive 18.5k salary and a Certificate of Employment.
Share the good news to fellow nurses! :)